Friday, February 17, 2012

déjà vu all over again


Say old man what you got going on in that wore out old mind?

Well, Lily Dale just thinking ‘bout the past.  Looks like its déjà vu all over again.  Maybe 1964 all over again would be a better name.  Back in 1964 we were told if you vote for Barry Goldwater we will be in war within a year.  I didn’t listen and pulled the lever next to AuH2O.  Sure enough, by 1965 we had combat troops on the ground in Vietnam.  I’ve always felt responsible for that war since I didn’t listen.  Fast forward to 2012.  The conventional wisdom from the Republican elite is “Any nominee other than Mitt Romney will assure Obummer a second term.”  I’m not listening again.  I mailed my absentee ballot with Rick Santorum as my choice.  If Oscammer gets a second term it will be my fault.  Oh the guilt.  Woe is me,  how can I live with that?   Whatever.

No comments: