Sunday, May 20, 2012

Just Old Fashioned


Looks like I’m going to have to pull myself into the current century whether I want to or not.  With a constant stream of e-mails, phone calls, and letters AT&T and Verizon are having a hissy fit since I won’t buy into their plan of upgrading to a smart phone.  Yes I know, the cell phone I use is so last century and only makes and receives phone calls.  Isn’t that what a phone is supposed to do?   I have never sent a tweet or face booked in my life.  I am just not a social network nerd.  I have no reason to tell the world what I had for breakfast or if I pooped today.  With the IPO of Face Book rolling out I think it is great that the founder is now a multi-billionaire.  He developed the “Better mousetrap” and that’s the type of work that creates a sound economy.  I just don’t have any need for his mousetrap.  Besides, if I had a smart phone with all that glass screen I’d probably break it the first day.  The lens over the camera on my old phone has been cracked for years.  Doesn’t matter, I don’t use it anyway.  Color me old fashioned.

No comments: